Is there a BioGENEius in Your Classroom?
iBIO Institute EDUCATE Center, an Illinois non-profit focused on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education, wants to know!
Enter your students in the BioGENEius Challenge, the most prestigious high school science competition in the world for original research in biotechnology. Illinois winner will receive an all-expense-paid trip to the international competition, which will be held at the BIO Convention 2017 in San Diego, CA!
Three New Challenge Tracks give students more opportunities than ever before to apply, earn recognition and win awards for their projects:
- The Global Healthcare Challenge in medical biotechnology
- The Global Sustainability Challenge in agricultural biotechnology
- The Global Environment Challenge in industrial/environmental biotechnology
Illinois BioGENEius Challenge DEADLINE – Submit posters by 5 PM April 6, 2017
How can your BioGENEius participate?
Must be a public or private school high school student; currently enrolled in biology or science-related courses (grades 9 to 12).
- APPLY NOW – Fill out a brief on-line registration form, after which you can select the “application” tab and submit your BioGENEius Application. Individual students only may submit one project for this competition.
- CREATE A POSTER – Follow these instructions to create your poster. Please review and follow the Rules and Guidelines.
- SUBMIT YOUR POSTER – Upload your poster (PDF Format) during the application process. Be sure to include your last name and school name in the file name. (e.g., Smith - ABC High School.pdf). Don’t forget to select one of the three new challenge tracks!
- AUTHORIZATION FORMS – Download and complete the authorization forms during the application process.
CONTEST RULES – This year contestants will give 10-minute presentations on their posters to judges at the iBIO IndEx. The IndEx is iBIO’s annual event for Midwest biotech, medtech, pharma and healthcare industries. The judging will take place April 24, 2017 between 8:30 AM and 11:30 AM at the HYATT REGENCY O’HARE, 9300 Bryn Mawr Avenue, Rosemont, IL 60018. Students should plan to arrive to set up posters by 8:30 AM. Students can attend iBIO IndEx sessions before and after their presentations.
JUDGES & JUDGING CRITERIA – Please review the Judging Criteria. This will assist you in preparing a competitive poster.
WINNERS – EDUCATE Center judges will select 1 winner to compete in the International competition. The winners will be notified and acknowledged during the IndEx event and will receive an all-expense-paid trip to the International competition.
The Illinois finalist will present their research posters at the International BioGENEius Challenge held in San Diego, CA on June 18 – June 21, 2017. Conducted in conjunction with the prestigious BIO National Convention, students will present their winning projects in some of the same rooms where industry-leaders are presenting their “next-big-thing” innovations and advances in biotechnology.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Vice President, EDUCATE Center