The Biotechnology Institute is a founding member and leader of the Coalition of State Biosciences Institutes (CSBI).
The organization was formed in 2012 when 42 state bioscience organizations and the Biotechnology Institute came together with the common goal to ensure America’s leadership in bioscience innovation by delivering industry-led science education, workforce development and entrepreneurship programs through a nationally coordinated effort.
CSBI focuses on bioscience programs that:
- the life science industry is uniquely positioned to deliver
- are replicable in states across the U.S. and scalable nationally
- are extensible to other STEM industry sectors
- are fully aligned with emerging K-12 Common Core Learning Standards
- Increase industry awareness, value and participation in education, workforce development and entrepreneur programming
- Increase the reach and effectiveness of education, workforce and entrepreneur programming by scaling up local programming utilizing the national CSBI network.
- Develop recommended public policies to secure America’s leadership in life science education, workforce and entrepreneur programming. CSBI will develop the capacity to educate industry and the public on such polices. CSBI will not advocate for specific legislative measures nor urge others to do so.